After reading the two articles, The Answer to Adolesent Aggression by Isreal Butler and Video Game Violence and Our Son by Rebecca Hagelin, I began to notice the different point of views on a subject. The subject being the relationship between Video games and aggressive behavior. Butler, a staff writer for the Pacer Times at USCA, notes that society uses video games as a sort of scape goat. That society removes the fact that there are far more reasons for aggressive behavior. Butler supports his claims by experience. He tells the readers of past times he had playing game and how they have effect his lifestyle. He then makes note of other forms of entertainment that can forth aggressive behavior. It seems as if Butler understands how majority of game players feel. Which is that they have been playing games for years and have yet to commit a violent crime. Hagelin, a communcation/marketing executive, believes that video games a harmful to those playing them. Hagelin defends her point of view by use of facts proven by the Amercian Phsycological Association.
I have decided to write my argument analysis on Rebecca Hagelin's argument. It seems to me that I can find more to analysis from her works. I do not agree with her, and maybe that will help me to be more critical of what she wrote.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment